1. AOLserver 4.0's nsxml appears to expose a gcc bug which causes the backwards-compatible "getattr" command to fail. I dug around nsxml and it does appear to be a gcc bug. I changed to the proper nsxml v2 syntax.
2. In the course of exploring #1 above, I realized that the calls to dom:: Tcl XML package commands were still being executed despite being commented out. Typical Tcl misunderstanding on someone's part. Net effect: we were parsing all APM .info files twice, once in Tcl and once in ns_xml! Yuk!
3. Fixed a minor notifications bug - you couldn't delete a notification request if any unsent notifications were pending, causing the homework package to bomb if you deleted an uploaded homework file and the prof hadn't yet received their notification.
4. Fixed an obscure corner case in my permissions denormalization code.